I am not going to use any of them, so my opinion isn't that relevant.
The only warning I would have for this is that Cinnamon is in its early
stage, it has still limited customization options. I'd wait for its next
release before doing the switch. Which one is the main "Shell" for GNOME
doesn't make much difference in my opinion, since they both can be
easily switched (just equo install gnome-shell/cinnamon).
Maybe a more traditional UI ( = Cinnamon) is less scary for new or
normal users, so Cinnamon would be more indicated.

--
Lorenzo Cogotti