partially as a question for an idea/confirmation and FYI to avoid it in the
future:

1. Remove libav.
2. # equo install -p virtual/ffmpeg
3. >>    # Not found:
>=media-video/libav-0.10.3[X,encode,gsm,mp3,sdl,speex,theora,threads,truetype,vaapi,vdpau,x264]

It is most likely caused by:
# We provide media-video/libav and we want systems to have it pulled in
virtual/ffmpeg (.*)media-video/ffmpeg(.*) \1media-video/libav\2

and should be rare; systems that have libav (due to "|| ( >=ffmpeg-0.10.3…
>=libav-0.8.4… )") are fine.

I will fix it manually but it should be handled better - by removing the ffmpeg
dependency (as libav is what is provided and supported)?