On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 12:34:31 +0100
AL13N <al...@rmail.be> wrote:

[snip]
> and... did you try IMAP protocol manually via telnet or openssl... or
> even with a wireshark checked what actually goes on?

I'm not going to install wireshark on the phone just to check email
settings which I can check elsewhere. If I want to know details of the
password etc that's being sent, I'll ask the hosting company what's
going wrong and see if I can pinpoint the error that way.

> does your server have insecure settings, such as plain
> login,anonymous on tls or whatnot? there are some peculiar imap
> servers out there... and while it may be a jolla bug or not... more
> info is required if you want this be to resolved...

I think people would be better employed writing/updating software
rather than trying to fix a problem which appears to be unique to me.
So I'll persevere trying to find the reason for the fail.

My latest outburst was to express my displeasure at the illogical way
the phone returns to the home screen instead of staying where I left
it. That doesn't follow the logic set by rational thinking IMHO. But as
I seem to be out of step with so many things on the phone, we'll just
put that down to differences of opinion.

I'll close this discussion now as time would be better spent elsewhere
for us all I think.

Thank you all for your suggestions and ideas. I'll only update this
thread if I manage to find a fix.

Regards
CDW.