Nicolas Zielinski wrote:

I would say it's not possible.

From my exerience I can say that some phones will automatically make settings
received as primary (like some sony-ericsson and motorola) and others will not
(like nokia).

correct...

There is no specified behaviour according to the specs. Which means it's up to the device software to decicide "how" it treads the received OTA conent. Some phones save it simply to the profile roster after the user accepts, some do ask after acception if it should become the "primary/default" setting.

So, the answer is clear, no.

This simply has security considerations. If you "could" set the primary profile via issuing the OTA and setting an according flag, you could "high-jack" the phone to your site or whatever the profile is intended to. And "reconfiguring" the preset behaviour of the phone _does_ require user acknoledge or manual decission, via switching the profile.

From an application service proiver proint of view, this is a bottle-neck due to the "not smart" enough user in handling those kind of profiles.

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme-group.de
Wapme Systems AG