Hi!

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 01:08:24PM +0100, Kaspar Schleiser wrote:
> > On 12/15/2014 11:10 AM, Ludwig Ortmann wrote:
> > >I'd rather add a static linking exception to our
> > >current license (or switch to GPL with linking exception which amounts
> > >to the same as far as I remember)
> > What kind of "static linking exception" do you have in mind?
>
> The regular kind ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL_linking_exception
> I'm not aware if there is another kind with different characteristics.

In general, I would agree that - to my understanding - (L)GPL with linker
exception is more aligned to what we're looking for than to LGPL only.

The last time I though and researched about this topic, I came to the
conclusion that the main problems of the linking exception clause is, that
there's no "official" version of it. So, we might end up in a similar case
compared to inventing our own license.

Cheers,
Oleg
--