Hi Jan,

> why i am always feeling stupid using git... hub...
>
> in my naive way of thinking
>
> git clone https://u...@bitbucket.org/user/repo.git < me
>
> -- if sync needed
> git remote add upstream https://github.com/RIOT-OS/riot.git
> git fetch upstream
> --
>
> git checkout -b some-feature
> # Adds
> git commit -a -m "Add first draft of some feature"
> git push origin some-branch
> (trigger pull via web interface finaly)
>
> is fully githbu compatible- please tell me if i am dead wrong

Yes and no. As far as I know it is not possible to create a pull request to
a GitHub repository from a Bitbucket repository. As I said: The concept of
Pull Requests is a feature of Bitbucket or GitHub to implement a certain
workflow with Git, not git itself (even though Cenk pointed out there is
the command `git request-pull`, but that generates an email, which is part
of another workflow). There are other workflows possible with Git, just not
when you are centralizing your project on GitHub or Bitbucket or similar
services.

To be able to create a Pull Request you need a GitHub-Account. Then fork
the central RIOT repository at https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT to your own
account by pressing by clicking the fork button in the upper right corner.
This copies the whole repository to your personal github account and it's
address will be something like https://github.com/jwagner/RIOT/. You can
then clone this to your local computer via

git clone g...@github.com:jwagner/RIOT/

and proceed as you already described.

> >     git merge FETCH_HEAD
> >

> i dont get it - i dont want to merge(?)

Then don't use `git pull` (which is an alias for `git fetch && git merge
FETCH_HEAD`), but only `git fetch` instead. Per default tags are not
fetched, but with `git fetch -t` you can fetch those, too.

> >     The official documentation of git [4] is very good btw and includes
> also a
> > book [5] on it's concepts with several examples of how to do stuff.
> >

> hm aggain i dont think i am a person to stuid to read documentation, hehe
> - i do
> not realy like the github help

There are also videos available on Git's website ;-):
http://git-scm.com/videos and I'm sure YouTube provides a number of
Screencasts on GitHub.

> https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/ < this one is nice - with
> command
> lines
>
> but the next page
>
> https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/ < sux no command line
>
> ps. I remeber I saw the right commandline on githubhelp.

Because forking a repository is not a command-line thing. It's, as the
concept of Pull Requests, a feature of the repository provider (aka
GitHub). It's basically `git clone` on the server of GitHub into your own
GitHub account.

> I invested maybe in total 4h+ the last 3 weeks to understand and read
> github,
> and understand that github is !git
>
> I just want to add my c code that it.
>
> thanks for ur help but i realy starting to hate it

What version control system are you normally using? Maybe we can explain it
to you from this perspective.

Cheers,
Martine