Hi Kaspar,

  thanks for the wiki entry. I would like to understand the different
steps better. Following questions and comments:

  (1) Compiling with RIOT_VERSION: Including the RIOT_VERSION works as a
trust anchor to identify the source code base. Assuming a single (valid)
and trustworthy version, you wouldn't need this ingredient. Right?

  (2) MD5 hash: This is for convenient reasons. You could also do a
bitwise comparison. Right?

  (3) Fine-grained object archives: Having separate object archives that
reflect RIOT modules is the key idea of the approach. Two questions
remain: (a) Which types of applications can someone create without
affecting the "core" (i.e., other .a-files) of the OS. (b) What is the
"core" of the OS?

  (4) Can you explain why your approach would not be possible in other
OSes, e.g., Contiki?

Thanks
  matthias