Hi devs,

you have read that many of you are currently at embedded world meeting with
representatives and "unbrella" corps.
I did not understand the future plans for the RIOT-OS yet. Its not even clear to
me why and for what in details
RIOT needs business support. I mean we all have freedom incl the final freedom
to fork etc and therefore
the plans of RIOT are imortant for me but not essential. Maybe someone can
answer me the follwing list of
questions:

- RIOT is an OS that is mostly powered by the community with alot  of students
of european universities(?)
-If RIOT is an open source Project why would it require "legal services" and
"promise promition", matchmaking??
- Why is RIOT searching for partnerships is it only about money? - and for what
is that money exatly needed?
- Why are Business Partnerships needed? - the business gets a free OS and saves
tons of development months,
with GPL that "can" give someone back - or simply hide the GPL code - even if
they do not hide it its more a
moral problem because if you get sued - "by who?", and how mutch will it cost?
(even in the times of
gpl-violations.org almost nothing happend) (sorry but thats exatly what happend
with this "applicance like
systems" starting +15y ago.

I asked this questions to "understand the big picture" - and it can be quite
different to my idea :

A strong, minimal and open IOT OS - that does NOT need promotion or partnerships
- yeah be a partner its called
GPL join the code. I want "people" and "corps" to join simply for selfish
reasons - to get a better OS that
I am currently working with and supporting code too. A selflish but fair win-win
of plain simple gpl.

Q: I dont want to start a "a deep philosophical" discussion - But what EXACLTY
is RIOT searching for? - any I am not
talking about these beatifull business buzzwords. How mutch money is needed and
for what "sections" (I just dont
see it - dont need exact numbers).

Q: Do we need promotion at all?

Q: I am straight spitter: I have heard that RIOT will have a "full time
worker/developer" hired - or was
already hired - Where does the money for the salery of this person comes from?

Greets Jan