Hi,

Am 12.05.2015 08:08 schrieb "Oleg Hahm" <oliver.h...@inria.fr>:

> Hi Daniel!
>
> > >Is this not a requirement of the routing?
> > Did you have a look at the IEEE 802.15.4 specification? It's assumed to
have
> > a so called PAN coordinator that forces the network to a star topology.
It's
> > extendable to a tree of stars, but still you need a PAN coordinator in
every
> > region. This node is the mentioned single point of failure and
additionally
> > has increased energy consumption.
> >
> > This is exactly what I don't want.
>
> PAN coordinators are only required for the beacon enabled mode in IEEE
> 802.15.4. 6LoWPAN, for instance, does not require this mode (I'm not even
sure
> if it is supported by the spec) and thus, there is no need for a PAN
> coordinator or star topology.

I'm not 100% sure, since I'm not THAT knowledgeable in terms of IEEE
802.15.4, but isn't that what 6LoWPAN's mesh-under mode [1] is for? All we
need to do to support this mode is to implement support for 6LoWPAN's Mesh
[2] and Broadcast [3] headers.

Cheers,
Martine

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4944#section-11