Hi José!

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 05:18:32PM +0200, Jose Alamos wrote:
> I'm porting the OpenThread stack to RIOT. I have hooks for sending and
> receiving frames and for transmision/reception "Done" signals (TransmitDone
> and ReceiveDone)
>
> In their examples they are manually checking/sending IEEE802.15 ACK before
> calling the corresponding Done hook, but I'm not sure if I should do the
> same from RIOT. Are drivers in charge of handling these ACKs (so RIOT's
> TX_COMPLETE is triggered after receiving ACK)?
>
> Basically I have to call the TransmitDone hook when the transmission is
> done, and that's only if the ACK is received.

That's dependent on the driver and (at least in principle) on its
configuration. For the at86rf2xx the current driver sends ACKs automatically
and the caller will get the TX_COMPLETE if an ACK was received (or
transmissions was broadcast).

Cheers,
Oleg
--
printk(CARDNAME": Bad Craziness - sent packet while busy.\n" );
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/smc9194.c