Hi Koen,
This sounds to me like a very promising feature for RIOT! Both the power
saving aspect as well as reducing interference for neighboring networks are
important features. Especially for urban environments it will be important
to not pollute the radio environment more than necessary when IoT devices
start becoming ubiquitous.

Best regards,
Joakim Nohlgård
Eistec AB