Hey,

First of all, who is the maintainer of driver_at? In other words,
who should I be asking questions about this driver?

I have a bunch of modems that I am considering to write drivers
for (SIM800/900, several Ublox).

There is this concept of URC, Unsolicited Response Code, that some of
the modems can emit. I don't quite grasp how this is supposed to work
with our AT driver. There are no examples or uses of the AT driver.

Before throwing in my first question, here is an excerpt of the Ublox
datasheet
    "The DCE/MT interface can operate in these modes:
• Command mode: the DCE waits for AT command instructions. The DCE interprets all the characters received as commands to execute. The DCE may send responses back to the DTE indicating the outcome of the command or further information without having received any commands by the DTE (e.g. unsolicited response code - URC). Any communication in the command mode (in both directions) is terminated by the command
line termination character.
..."

The way I interpret this is that the device may or may not output URCs
after sending a command. And it is not clear to me in which order URCs
are mixed with the normal output.

To be able to handle both normal output and URC there must be a single
function that reads responses from the device and while doing so it should
handle URCs. In any case, our (SODAQ) Arduino libraries do it that way.

The function process_urc has a while loop that reads lines from the device,
it processes URCs, but it also throws away anything else. That doesn't feel
right. Or does it?

Is somebody using the AT driver? Is somebody using the URC facility?
--
Kees