Martine Sophie Lenders <m.lend...@fu-berlin.de> wrote:
    > However, the dhcpy6 people seem open to the idea, to make the server
    > runnable as non-root user, so it would be a small effort on our part
    > (compared to writing a simple DHCPv6 server ourselves) to help them
    > negate those caveats.

While running the daemon as non-root for security reasons makes sense,
without root, how does the daemon install the route for the delegated prefix?

(I hate the <1024 port restriction.  It's dumb for VMs and containers,
and it's weird that it's not sysctl'able on Linux.  There is a capability
though.)

So I don't get it.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [