On 28/07/2014 6:43 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:

Am 28.07.2014 10:17, schrieb Chris Johns:
On 28/07/2014 5:17 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:

just that there is no confusion about it: The second patch contains some
large headers from the Altera hwlib. Therefore it is bigger than the
maximum mail size for the list and has to be reviewed by a list
administrator. Therefore it can need some additional time to turn up on
the list.

What is the license for these header files ?

Are you able to post the license or is there a public reference to the
code ?

The license is the same like for the headers that are already included
in this BSP in the hwlib directory. Altera uses a BSD-style license for
the files from hwlib. It is written directly in the head of the headers
and sources.

Did you obtain these files from an installed Altera tool or package with
an EUL you accepted or via a login to Altera's website ?

The hwlib is packed with the Altera "SoC Embedded Design Suite Web
Edition". It is available here:

You have to register to get access to the installer. The complete pack
has a number of different licenses for the different parts of the
development environment. But the heads of the source files clearly state
a BSD-style license for the hwlib part.

I have confirmed with Altera the HWLIB is open source under a 3-clause BSD license and we can include it in our code base. Thanks must go to Altera for providing the code with a suitable license.

Chris

Please understand we cannot accept the code unless it is public or the
project has an accepted agreement from Altera we can include it.

Of course I understand that. It would be difficult to use RTEMS if you
had to search every file for incompatible licenses.

Kind regards

Christian Mauderer