Hello Rohini,

please use the devel list.

On 28/07/15 07:41, Rohini Kulkarni wrote:
Hi,

I wish to understand where the interprocessor interrupts are used during the boot process. During final initialization of SMP I can see

rtems_interrupt_handler_install(
      ARM_GIC_IRQ_SGI_0,
      "IPI",
      RTEMS_INTERRUPT_UNIQUE,
      bsp_inter_processor_interrupt,
      NULL
    );

Raspberry Pi 2 does not have the generic interrupt controller. Interrupt routing will have to be handled differently. So I wish to understand how/ where it is used. I suppose this might be the problem.

Sorry, that the documentation is so scattered. I think we should move everything into the CPU Architecture Supplement. It would be nice if you can help to improve the documentation since you have a different view point.

You must install the IPI during the system initialization. It is raised via the _CPU_SMP_Send_interrupt() function, for an example see arm-a9mpcore-smp.c.

Thanks.