On 06/06/18 08:57, Sebastian Huber wrote:
    2. The size of this Chapter 9 BSPs eventually is going to become much     larger compared to the rest of the manual. It might make better sense
    to create it as a supplemental document that you refer to from 8.3
    Board Support Packages (BSP). As you say, it is different from the BSP     Developer's Guide, but I think it will be sensible to create an "RTEMS
    User Manual BSP Supplement".

Depends on the length per BSP family or BSP variant. Five pages per
variant will end up in the 800-1000 page range. That would be a lovely
problem to have.

I hesitate to start another document that is tiny but if we start it with
a complete outline with TBD sections, it makes sense. It will be fairly
hefty even with TBDs.

My original proposal was a "RTEMS Hardware Manual" which contains the architecture documentation (CPU Supplement) and the BSPs.

I checked in the patch. If the section becomes too large, we can split it on demand. The content is contained in separate files and thus easy to move.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09