> >> Please wait with a new patch for a response from FreeBSD.
> >>
> > What is your suggestion here? Should we check the generation only once? Or
> > should we leave the code as is and just remove the
> "if" in pps_capture() for uniprocessor configurations since th_generation
> equal to zero is not used?
>
> We should first leave the code as is. I don't know when I have time to send
> patches to FreeBSD.

I would like it to be considered to remove the parts where th_generation is
checked to be equal to zero just for uniprocessor configurations.
The reason is that porting back these changes to RTEMS 5, the test sppps01
fails because th_generation starts with value zero. Not sure why in RTEMS 6
th_generation starts with one but since in uniprocessor configuration
th_generation equal zero is not used, I think it makes sense to not consider
that case.