Hi Adrian, Kofi,

I followed your advice, and just as a proof of concept I redefined
putConsoleChar from here:
https://github.com/seL4/seL4/blob/master/src/plat/pc99/machine/io.c#L38
On top of printing on serial port, I added a line with
text_ega_putchar((int) a); - so now the character is printed both on serial
out and VGA screen.

I added the scrolling etc functions from
https://github.com/seL4/util_libs/blob/master/libplatsupport/src/plat/pc99/ega.c
to take care of line wraps and control characters (\n, \t, etc).
Then I compiled the basic keyboard camkes example:
https://github.com/seL4/camkes/tree/master/apps/keyboard and I run the
program in qemu with -vga -std option.

I can see the kernel booting up on the screen as well as the serial out,
but as soon as sel4 drops into userspace ("Starting node #0 with APIC ID
0") , it stops outputting anything (user program not running?);

The screenshot is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8h93vAE2c4ibmRKQkdZU3EtcUk/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas what am I missing?

Regards