On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 6:04 AM, Paolo Crisafulli
<paolo.crisafu...@irt-systemx.fr> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your very interesting answer.
>
> Some issues:
> - I'm no longer getting output from my emulated app in the terminal.

Hmm, I am not sure, this is not something i've used in this regard,
merely knew of.
I imagine you added -nographic? I'm not seeing any output either,
but I imagine that is perhaps because i'm not writing anything to the
serial port :)

> - After echoing "quit", the socket seems to be no longer read (further socat
> commands hang), but ps still lists qemu-system-arm.

I don't experience this here, e.g. qemu always exits
this could perhaps be because of my little snippet launching qemu in
the background?
e.g. try getting rid of the & and running the echo's from another terminal

If that's what you already did though, i'm not sure, apologies.

> Is that expected?

Not in my experience, I believe it should exit, although I see this
"-no-quit" command line option,
that deals with the graphical window close though so i wouldn't expect
it to change this behavior