Bob> I would like to be able to go to the main page, click on a
Bob> download button, download a pre-built VM, under something dead
Bob> simple like VirtualBox, log in and build code.

It's not _quite_ as simple as that, but did you try the Docker
instructions at https://docs.sel4.systems/projects/dockerfiles/ ?

The Docker container has all the dependencies for seL4test and most
CAmkES projects; and there's a simple workflow described for getting
at both the source you want to work on (using whatever tools you want)
and a compilation environment.

Using the Microkit is a different matter; and one we're still working on.

--
Dr Peter Chubb                https://trustworthy.systems/
Trustworthy Systems Group                        CSE, UNSW