The mannerly answers from everybody are much appreciated.

[Elided rant]

I am heartened by the notion that some thought has already been given to
this with Docker.
If I find the time to install this, I will take a look and see if it can be
packaged under a VM I am able to sign.
Meantime, thanks for being gracious about my interruption. Note that I am
easy to find online and if there is some question you have that you think I
can answer feel free to let me know.

B.

On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 8:03 PM Gerwin Klein via Devel <devel@sel4.systems>
wrote:

> On 18 Feb 2024, at 03:49, Demi Marie Obenour <demioben...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On 2/16/24 18:01, Peter Chubb via Devel wrote:
> It's not _quite_ as simple as that, but did you try the Docker
> instructions at https://docs.sel4.systems/projects/dockerfiles/ ?
>
> The Docker container has all the dependencies for seL4test and most
> CAmkES projects; and there's a simple workflow described for getting
> at both the source you want to work on (using whatever tools you want)
> and a compilation environment.
>
> Using the Microkit is a different matter; and one we're still working on.
>
> Would it be possible to ensure that the container images are signed and
> that their builds verify either the signatures or hashes of everything
> they download?
>
> That might be possible. Almost everything it downloads is via apt-install
> already.
>
> I've opened an issue for it.
>
> Cheers,
> Gerwin