Hi Cupertino,
Cupertino Miranda wrote,

> Hi Waldemar,
>
> Can you share in which context does this happens, for example by sharing
> a .i file for the compilation and point out for the actual location of
> the macro expansion?
> The reason to request this is to understand if the compiler is not doing
> the right thing with blink, as semantically the patched and unpatched
> code should be the same, as long as the surrounding code is correct.
>
> It could also be that the problem is not necessarily the blink not being
> clobbered but by some other reason it not expecting it to be needed.

I tried to generate the files for you, but had updated the Linux
kernel before your mail. It seems now that the same test suite tests
are executing fine without the blink removal patch.

Is there any related bugfix made between Linux 4.9.50 and 4.9.60
someone remembers? Strange, I need to verify with 4.9.50 again.

best regards
 Waldemar