On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 09:12:09PM +0200, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe OpenWrt disabled uClibc-ng support later.

Nope. The default may now be MUSL, but uClibc still is available as a
libc option on master, and the version was bumped to v1.0.28 two months
ago, so it definitely appears to be in use:
  https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/tree/master/toolchain/uClibc

The uClibc-ng config however makes no mention of
UCLIBC_USE_MIPS_PREFETCH, so by default it will be enabled:
  https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/toolchain/uClibc/config/mips

I will log an issue on this so others don't fall victim to this.

> good luck
>  Waldemar
>
> > Am 28.03.2018 um 20:54 schrieb Pieter Smith <pie...@boesman.nl>:
> >
> >> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 08:27:26PM +0200, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> Pieter Smith wrote,

> >> IIRC, the solution was found later, see:
> >> https://mailman.uclibc-ng.org/pipermail/devel/2016-May/000918.html
> >
> > Thanks! I missed that one.
> >
> >> Disable UCLIBC_USE_MIPS_PREFETCH.
> >> Prefetch is broken on some MIPS cores.
> >
> > Pity. This was only introduced in v1.0.15. We are still stuck with
> > OpenWRT Chaos Calmer for which the toolchain is based on v1.0.14. We
> > should be switching to OpenWRT DD soon, so I should be able to disable
> > UCLIBC_USE_MIPS_PREFETCH.
> >
> > I did however notice that this is not done even on the latest OpenWRT. I
> > will go knocking on the OpenWRT communitie's door.
> >
> >> best regards
> >> Waldemar
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pieter