On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, David Dawes wrote:

>>>   1. Include <setjmp.h> directly into modules that need it, ensure that the
>>>      necessary (platform-specific) entry points are exported, and accept that
>>>      modules that use it are not OS-neutral.
>>
>>>   2. Provide aliases for the actual functions uses on the platforms we support,
>>>      and come up with a macro for xf86setjmp() that calls the correct one in
>>>      the correct way, probably by first querying a function in the core
>>>      server for which way to use.
>>
>>Just another data point:  libGLU compilation on such systems fails also.
>
>libGLU builds OK on the RH 6.2 system I've been looking into this with.
>It does do some things with setjmp (using inlined functions).
>
>We don't build libGLU for libc5-based systems, but I don't have access to
>one (RH 4.2, is one I think -- anyone have a CD image for RH 4.2?  I don't
>see one on RH's ftp site.).

Someone in Raleigh probably has a copy kicking around somewhere.
I've got one buried in a box somewhere if nobody else can dig one
up more easily.

I've got Red Hat Linux 0.1 on ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/
but I'm not sure that would even boot on anything newer than a
i386/i486.  ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris