Andrew C Aitchison ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> > The problem is that my application needs geometry information to
> > calculate the pixel aspect ratio.  X tells me the geometry is 867mm
> > x 347mm but the vidmode extension tells me the current resolution is
> > 1280x1024, and so my pixel aspect ratio calculation thinks the user
> > is going through an anamorphic lens and they end up with very
> > stretchy looking video.
>
> http://vektor.ca/bugs/atidriver/xpdy2.log includes the lines
>       screen #0:
>         dimensions:    2560x1024 pixels (867x347 millimeters)
>         resolution:    75x75 dots per inch
> is that any use ?

  Not in general.  I use the vidmode extension to get the current
resolution, since my users often make 720x480 modelines and such things
and switch to that (using ctrl-alt-+) to play video.  However, I use the
geometry information to calculate the pixel aspect ratio to use.

  So in this case, vidmode tells me our resolution is 1280x1024, and X
tells me that we're not using XINERAMA and that our geometry is 867x347
millimeters.

  Makes sense?

  -Billy