Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. wrote:
I just grabbed the latest source from CVS and compiled.  While the system
is identifying itself as "1.3 Mesa 5.0.2", glXGetFBConfigs seems to be
always returning a NULL pointer for any combination of attributes I can
feed into it.

The core OpenGL version is different from the GLX version. You need to look at the GLX version (from glXQueryVersion) or the GLX extension string (from glXQueryExtensions).

Is this expected?

Support for GLX_SGIX_fbconfig in hardware accelerated 3D drivers will not make it into XFree86 4.4.0, but support should be available in DRI CVS in the next couple months (give or take). GLX_SGIX_pbuffer (which will be the last bit of GLX 1.3 functionality to add) will be added sometime after that.