Well in the end the answer was much simpler than expected. I am creating
a RH kickstart CD and was playing with the packages I should include. I did
include xfs but didn't include X. A message from the ini.d/xfs file would
have been nice indeed as xfs doesn't start when there is no /usr/X11R6/bin/X.

Best regards,

Marcel Stegehuis

Kindof funny actually... some people have complained that xfs
should be updated to log this using syslog, however in the
majority of syste
>s out there, /var/log is on the same partition
as /tmp usually is - "/", and if the disk is full, the disk is
full.  I seem to recall xfs was updated to do this anyway, but
I'd have to do a test setup to confirm it.  Not a priority...

--
Mik