On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:

> Thanks for your explanation though. I wonder why such a thing never has been
> implemented. From what I saw brwosing the web I'm not the only one who could
> use this for some desktop tools. Also I wonder how event recorder will do
> their job under X? Or is there nos such application for X? Tools similar to
> WinRunner which capture all events and play them back later.

I believe that the RECORD extension is what people use for that sort of
thing.
        xc/doc/hardcopy/Xext/record.PS.gz
        xc/doc/hardcopy/Xext/recordlib.PS.gz
        xc/doc/specs/Xext/record.ms
        xc/doc/specs/Xext/recordlib.ms

Don't know whether it will help you at all.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna