On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:36:52 -0000, "Rob Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>one way to do what you want (from kernel space) is to use the kernel
>framebuffer driver for writing graphics, and use up one of the VT's for your
>debugger, switching to that vt when doing, umm, whatever your doing....

I know, and I'm looking into this, but I would prefer to support the normal X
screen if possible.

>I have to ask tho, whats wrong with kgdb?

1.) kgdb I think has to use a kernel patch.
2.) If kgdb is similar to gdb then I don't really like it because the
interface sucks. :)
3.) I want to have a decent debugger that can be used for stuff like driver
development, but also user space debugging, with a nice interface.
4.) The original project is already there but the author abandonded it and I
found thi sproject interesting, so I would like to continue it. From what I
see on the statistics on sourceforge, it seems there is enough interest in
such a project.

--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)