I realize that I could attempt to use it for render accel, but I was
hoping to tie it into Keithp's compositing extension
(http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/TranslucentWindows) to support
alpha blended windows, not just hw accelerated AA text.  Although
thinking about it more, I guess the compositing manager could take
advantage of the render accel to accelerate alpha blending.

> Transparent bitblits are supported by XAA's normal bitblit functions,

how are these used?  are there any apps that use them?  render?

Alex