S Streif wrote:

I tried it on my Acer TM661LCI, without success. XWindow starts without any error message and I can see the "trash bin" icon. However, the "trash" icon is very big and the screen is flickering and is fuzzy. I tried with different resolutions -- no difference.

It might be necessary to modify the video bios with the vbios tool. Because it
is written in the driver's info file
( ftp://download.intel.com/design/intarch/SWSUP/IEGDLinux.htm ):

"Please be sure to download the Video BIOS as well."

Any ideas?

Bye,
Stefan

I tried those drivers on my Acer TM661Lci but it was a no-go.
I patched kernel 2.4.24 sources with those provided by Intel, and followed all the instructions on the RELNOTES file.
I also set the "PrimaryPort" option on "LVDS" as read on this thread but all i got was dark screen.
"PrimaryPort" option seems to have some effect as it causes the screen to blink before turning black again.

Anyone succeded with this driver?

Regards,
Alessandro Temil