From: Ian Romanick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 4:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Wollen, Douglas B; Jorstad, Ralph G
Subject: Re: Added Pseudocolor Visuals for XFree86?

Bussoletti, John E wrote:
> At Boeing we have a number of graphics applications that have been
> developed in-house, originally for various SGI platforms.  These
> applications are used for engineering visualization  They work well on

> the native hardware and even display well across the network using
> third party applications under Windows like Hummingbird's ExCeed 3D.
> However, under Linux, the fail to work properly, either natively or
> via remote display with the original SGI hardware acting as server,
due to
> omissions in the available Pseudocolor Visuals.

The X terminology is a little different than most people expect, so I
want to ask for some clarification.  By "SGI hardware acting as server"
do you mean the application is running on the SGI and displaying on the
Linux system, or the application is running on the Linux system and
displaying on the SGI?  In X terminology, the "server" (i.e., X-server)
is where ever the stuff is being displayed.