On Friday 10 June 2005 03:17, Veikko Werner wrote:
> actually a great thing to have, but not that easy.
> The main problem is, that the driver itself has to be disabled.

Why so?  AFAICT, we basically need two things:

1)  The ability to get 'raw' --i.e. unscaled -- data from the device during
the calibration run.

2)  Some way to set the calibration parameters of the driver based on the
results of 1).

Both of these could be accomplished by means of adding appropriate new methods
to each driver.  While I suppose this does involve effectively 'disabling'
the driver for the duration of the calibration run, this fact can be
completely hidden from the server.  The server merely doesn't receive pointer
updates while calibration is in progress.

Or am I missing something here?

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|             Logic is a way to go wrong with confidence.                 |
|                                   --Robert Heinlein                     |
|                                   "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"       |