Michael wrote:

I don't see why they should be enabled - they're PC-specific and even
with x86 emulation they would be pretty much useless since you're not
too likely to encounter a graphics board with PC firmware in a Mac ( or
other PowerPC boxes )

Wrong. No hardware manufacturer in their right mind would build a Mac-only PCI graphics board, with the possible exception of Apple. They're going to build a generic graphics board that works in a PC and by the way also works in a Mac. Such a board will have a video BIOS.

I suppose you might find a board with a Mac-only SKU that does not stuff the BIOS chip.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.