On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Michael wrote:

The problem is definitely in the Xserver:
- sparc64 client with X in ARGB running on a powerpc box - text colours
 are right
- sparc64 client and X with FFB/ABGR - wrong text colours
- sparc64 client and X with mach64 or mga in ARGB - text colours are
 right
- client on powerpc, X on sparc64 with FFB/ABGR - text colours are
 wrong
- sparc64 without Xrender support - text colours are right
... so it should be somewhere in Xrender.

There's a bug ( or at least an inconsistency ) in xf86Helper /
xf86SetWeight():

        scrp->offset.red = ffs(mask.red);
        scrp->offset.green = ffs(mask.green);
        scrp->offset.blue = ffs(mask.blue);

this sets 1-based offsets while the rest of the code ( or at least
Xrender's PictureCreateDefaultFormats() ) expects 0-based ones.

That's already been fixed in our repository.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |