On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Eeri Kask wrote:
Actually I only had in mind the part considering the memory leak.  You
have apparently completed a huge work in delaing with fallback to bitmap
raster fonts if some xft font problems arise.  I never wanted to make
this issue that complicated (I never even thought about this
possibility),  :-)   so momentarily I don't yet have any opinion about
reusing your work in full in this regard.
(I always considered the significantly simpler approach being enough:
the user in enabling TWM_USE_XFT voluntarily passes "the point of no
return"; if xft-font problems arise, then these are to be solved.)

Well, that's the point. As you have it, the end user does _not_ in fact decide on TWM_USE_XFT. The distributor does.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |