Hello All,

this commit killing compatibility with older libdladm:

8765 dladm tries setting persistent prop on temporary link
https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-illumos/commits/638cab1445079b522f4c99f02eb7eba4d5819aae

<https://bitbucket.org/dilos/dilos-illumos/commits/638cab1445079b522f4c99f02eb7eba4d5819aae>

it’s mean - if you have zones with exclusive ip-type and just wants to update
zone without global zone update - you will lost network in your zone.

where we can use this case?

for example, on DilOS, i can run and use zones with OI (iplg), smartos (grab
native zone + pkgsrc).
I can use zones for development and update it without global zone updates with
DilOS if we have no updates in primary/major components.

yes, i know about sync of global zone  and non-global zones with primary
components, but time to time i need update just zones and postpone update
global zone and to do upgrade globa zone if we have updates in primary
components.

I’d like to propose to use wrappers to public functions whre we have public
propotypes and in theory some others components have dependencies.
right now we can see how it can impact configured/instaled components.

if we have no it yet - i’d like propose to do it from now.

best regards,
-Igor

openzfs-developer
Archives: