On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Gordon Ross <gordon.w.r...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry I didn't realize that change would cause API impact, or it might
> have had more discussion.
> Perhaps we should try to give people more warning about that kind of
> change.

I was aware of no API impact when I made this change (I changed an internal
function). It was to make dladm behavior more intuitive based on an issue
filed by several SmartOS users.

I also don't think Igor's issue is with my change per se, but with the fact
that libdladm was touched at all. I can't quite follow the scenario but it
looks like something to do with upgrading whole root zones? In any event,
from my understanding _any_ change to libdladm would cause the issue he is
describing.

-rpz

openzfs-developer
Archives: