Thanks, Sanjay - I will try running it on FreeBSD and will post some flame
graphs here.

> Maybe I am doing it wrong but I am using NVMe for primary storage and ass
> tons of ram for arc.
In my case we went for capacity, and planning on having 36x10TB disks. With the
initial stage of 12x10TB disks, while the NVMe cache is supposed to give us 2TB
of quick cache.
 think L2ARC is relegated to the highly budget oriented plays these days
 as RAM is soooo cheap. Buy some more ram and fooor-get-about it.
Well, this is still in the order of magnitude, whether you get hardware that
costs tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands $/£/€.

> L2ARC uses the ZIO pipeline, just like everything else. Very parallel. But if
> your workload isn’t parallel, then...
-- richard
I'm interested it what difference it makes to read a file directly from nvme
and get 2GB/s+ and then when the same nvme disk is used via L2ARC, it only gets
200MB/s read speeds.
Whether read from file system is multi threaded and read on L2ARC single
threaded.

-Wojciech