import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import java.io.OutputStreamWriter;
import java.io.Writer;
import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Enumeration;
import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.Iterator;
import java.util.Map;

I would rather avoid. The MMBase code conventions specify that you should, in general, use package imports if you use more than 3 imports from a package.
While you can deviate from this when using obscure packages, I don't think such import lists are really needed with java.io or java.util.
It's more a matter of taste than that it actually affects functionality, but endless import lists are not always beneficial for readability or maintenance.

See the MMBase code conventions:
http://www.mmbase.org/?docnr=33153&portal=199&project=14804&backtemplate=%2Fdevelopment%2Fprojects%2Fproject.jsp&template=%2Fincludes%2Fdoc_index.jsp

-- Pierre van Rooden Mediapark, C 107 tel. +31 (0)35 6772815 "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."