Ernst Bunders wrote:
> I have one question: you propose to postpone the actual transformation
> (which is fine), and bring into place a method for gouging the size of
> the image when it will be created. I wonder, is it much cheaper to gouge
> the size than to do the actual transformation? Is it not simpler to just
> do the transformation as soon as the size is requered? or am i missing
> something?

I think it is much cheaper to estimate the size, then even to determin the size
from a given byte-array (let alone transforming it). These estimations
are only a few simple mathematical operations. I will measure the
difference though, also because I want to know which implemention of the
three 'ImageInformers' is fastest.

The size (pixel size I mean) is required immediately (at least in html),
because you want to fill in 'height' and 'width' attributes.

Michiel

--
Michiel Meeuwissen                  mihxil'
Mediacentrum 140 H'sum                [] ()