2007/1/24, Ernst Bunders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Well, an alternative would have been to up the version of the builder xsl by
one, and support both old and new versions. That shouldn't have been hard.

Eh, do you mean that we should have made an xsl to change between versions?

Also i noticed that the change is not recorded in the release notes, which i
think is not good at all.

That is true.

Apart from this i do agree with you it is a good change, and i don't want to
make to much of a fuzz about it, but i thing it is a bit sloppy non the less,
and things like this can hurt mmbase.

Yes, a bit sloppy it is too. A few small, but human, mistakes were
made. The changes should have been documented, I should have realised
that the change in the builder xml's would probably not be compatible
with all 1.8.0 version, you should not run 1.8.0, since it is
outdated, and it is hard enough to test changes for two versions (1.8
and HEAD).  It can hurt mmbase, but errare humanum est, what can we
do? Besides taking the most risqueless way of doing nothing... A
release-manager could perhaps inventorise these kind of things, but
sadly, even he was not findable :-)

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org