> From: "casper.vandonde...@nokia.com" <casper.vandonde...@nokia.com>

>Just to add what I think to Marius' comments:
>1. Doxygen would need some extra features, the major one being QML, but also
>being able to use index files to easily link for instance the Creator docs to
>the Qt docs.

Why would Doxygen need QML itself? Or do you mean it would need to be able to
process the QML/JavaScript files to get additional documentation?

>2. Even if we would use Doxygen we would still need a fork before a release, I
>do not think we can line up releases of Doxygen with releases of Qt.
> And having a Doxygen version number like 1.7.6.2-qt-SHA1 also doesn't look
> too great.

I can understand bundling a version of Doxygen with Qt in the release - like
many projects do for their dependencies in case those things are not on the
platform people are building on. E.g. Subversion bundles libneon.
However, I see no issue with saying that Doxygen version x.y.z is required to
support documentation. So why would we need to _fork_ it as opposed to simply
bundling a version that is known to work?

Just curious,

Ben