On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt <
eskil.abrahamsen-blomfe...@digia.com> wrote:

> This suggestion is definitely something we'll investigate. I haven't
> looked into the Ministro code yet, so I don't know if it's technically
> possible, but as far as I've understood from previous discussions, there
> are limits to where apps can write on the device and there are limits to
> where they can load libraries, which makes the app serving as a central
> repository of libraries necessary. But it's something we need to
> investigate further, and for the moment we don't have the resources to take
> this on for Qt 5.1, where our main priority will be to get the Qt 5 port on
> par with the Qt 4 version of Necessitas. When get that far, we can start
> looking into alternative solutions for deploying Qt apps which does not
> require the extra "install ministro" step when a user launches a Qt app for
> the first time on a device.

Many Symbian applications you can download from the Ovi Store include
something like "This application may require a one-time download of around
20 MB" in the description.

What happens behind the scenes in that case? Is Qt downloaded from Ovi when
the user asks to install the application? Or is Qt downloaded the first
time the application is launched?

I'd say Qt on Android, iOS, etc is not too different of a case from Qt on
Symbian. Or maybe it is, if there is specific support in the Ovi Store for
that.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org