On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macie...@intel.com> wrote:
> On domingo, 24 de março de 2013 22.47.03, Mark wrote:
>> That made me wonder, is there a way to change IO backends in Qt?
>> Because if i could swap the current Qt IO backend with KIO then i can
>> use those classes just as they are. That sounds like a very appealing
>> thing to have.
>>
>> Is there a "QPA" for the IO part in Qt?
>
> No, Qt has no QPA for I/O.

Clear.
But then the question becomes:
- Would it be desirable to have such an QPA?
- Even if the QPA is there, would that be useful for KIO? Or is KIO
such a big beast that no QPA is good enough?

Now lets assume the above questions are answered with yes and yes. How
difficult would it be to make such a QPA? Or is this so difficult that
it would be "Qt 6" material?