On 27 March 2013 20:11, John Layt <jl...@kde.org> wrote:
> On 26 March 2013 18:15, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macie...@intel.com> wrote:
>> On terça-feira, 26 de março de 2013 14.07.56, Sergio Ahumada wrote:
>>> As far as I understand, the CI is all in Finland, so GMT +2.
>>
>> In other words, the tests are effectively disabled.
>
> Yeap, and on all platforms too.  I assume changing the CI machines to
> CET is out of the question.  I'd say to run the tests with TZ set to
> the right region, but on Windows that fails as while the C library
> respects the setting the Win32 api doesn't so it just breaks the tests
> in other interesting ways.  So I guess we're left with modifying the
> tests to Finnish time, even though it just perpetuates the problem.
>
> All work up a patch once I've fixed the bug in Windows.
>
> John.

FYi, the bug is in the tests, or more exactly Microsoft's poor handing
of time zones.  CET in the Olsen database doesn't apply Daylight Time
before 1980, but Windows does.  Up to now all the dates auto-tested
before 1980 have purely by chance always fallen in Standard Time, but
the new min test for qint64 in 5.0 falls into Daylight time thus
exposing the difference.  I'll amend the tests to expect Daylight time
from Windows.

John.