Update:

There is still one problem that prevents us from deploying the new
network test server image.

The problem only shows within the Digia network; I cannot reproduce it
locally. This makes it somewhat tedious to debug, if somebody from Digia
has more insights or wants to help debugging, I would be happy to hear.
So far I have sent patches to Tony, who applied them for me and pasted
me the results, which makes turnaround time quite long.

What I think the problem is: We get 2 Socks messages in 1 TCP packet, so
the read notifier only fires once, then we never parse the 2nd Socks
message.

Peter