On Tue, January 30, 2018 00:18, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> I would on the contrary expect users to want new features sooner rather
> than
> later,
[...]

Please keep in mind that there are several classes of Qt users:

Mobile: moving fast and furious. Depend on novelty.

General Desktop: moving somewhat fast. Prefer novelty.

Offices w/ IT admins: move much slower. Prefer stability over novelty.

Industrial, regulated and embedded: move extremely slow. Depend on stability.

I've been in projects that jumped ship every time someone invented a new
buzz word and in projects where I had to compile my own GCC and X11
libraries because no supported version of Qt would compile with the one(s)
in the target OS.

     Konrad