Once 5.10 is properly closed then fine, move to a cherry pick approach for 5.9 but right now, especially for Qt 3D we have some important bug fixes landing on 5.9 than can be merged forward (with the help of git rerere) but for which cherry picking would be more awkward and also risk missing 5.10.2 if there is one.

Cheers,

Sean

On 01/02/2018 10:21, Jani Heikkinen wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Development [mailto:development-bounces+jani.heikkinen=qt.io@qt-
project.org] On Behalf Of Tuukka Turunen
Sent: tiistai 30. tammikuuta 2018 23.38
To: Konrad Rosenbaum <kon...@silmor.de>; development@qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] Qt branches & proposal how to continue with those

The item that has received comments both in favor and against is what to do
with 5.10 now. I think that instead of closing 5.10, we could move it to cherry
pick mode, just like Qt 5.9 is. That allows putting the necessary fixes there,
but
reduces the amount of needed merges a lot. It also allows to faster get all the
fixes merged up to dev, which is something we have struggled in the past.

With this approach we have full capability to make Qt 5.10.2 release, if one is
needed. We also continue to make Qt 5.9.x patch releases. We would have two
branches open for direct submission: 5.11 and dev, and for each commit the
lowest applicable branch can be chosen. For all such important fixes that need
to be in Qt 5.9.x LTS releases or in the 5.10 branch, we use cherry picking.

This is OK for me as well so +1 from my side

- Jani

Dr Sean Harmer | sean.har...@kdab.com | Managing Director UK
KDAB (UK) Ltd, a KDAB Group company
Tel. +44 (0)1625 809908; Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090
Mobile: +44 (0)7545 140604
KDAB - Qt Experts