From: Tuukka Turunen
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:47:40 PM
To: Simon Hausmann; Tino Pyssysalo; qt-crea...@qt-project.org;
development@qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] [Qt-creator] Requesting repository for telemetry
plugin in Qt Creator

Hi Simon,

Is that an item to decide at repo creation time or something to address later
during implementation / code review? For example consider requesting a repo for
qt/qtcharts – should we have known what data users want to visualize with it
before having a repository (or only during the implementation of the feature)?

That said, I do agree that we should discuss about the topic if we are to
collect user analytics data – and to also learn what kind of data is valuable
to collect (noting that there are strict rules for anything that can be
considered personal data). My view is that creating the requested repository
and developing the code in the open is very good for transparency and also
provides good opportunities for discussion during the implementation.

Yours,

                             Tuukka